Consumers spent over $860 billion with online retailers which represents a 44% increase year over year. That figure raises eyebrows on its own, and the onset of the pandemic fueled e-commerce even more as shoppers were quarantined or opted to shop safely in the comfort of their homes. Consumers spent an additional $105 billion in 2020 while shopping online. Whether you are an eCommerce business owner, a B2B entrepreneur, or a PPC marketer looking to perfect Google Ads for your customers, one thing’s for certain: you will always find tools for Google Ads optimization useful.
What Is Google Ads Optimization?
Google is the most popular search engine in the entire world. That’s a mighty powerful accomplishment. As such, it makes perfect sense that Google Ads would be a popular Pay per Click option for marketers.
Google Ads are rarely super-efficient “out of the box”, which means that they need to be continuously optimized and refined. From how you design your ads for the Display Network to the wording you use and the molecular targeting paths you choose to take, almost everything about Google Ads can be fine-tuned — and that’s precisely where tools for Google Ads optimization come in handy.
Tools like these are meant to help you fill in the gaps when it comes to data and decision-making. With so many tools for Google Ads optimization available on the market though, it’s easy to understand why you might feel confused.
Worry not, though, we’re here to help — read on to find out more.
The Best Tools for Google Ads Optimization
Artists, mechanics, and carpenters all use the best tools for getting top results. Marketers are no different.
When ad budgets are tight, you need efficient tools that save you time managing your Google Ads account while delivering maximum performance.
The good news is, we’ve got a play-by-play of the hottest and best Google Ads management software programs for you to check out.
Crazy Egg takes the guesswork out of your customer’s intent and tells you how they navigate your website. Essentially, this is one of the best tools for Google Ads optimization, as it comes with several features that give you valuable insight into customer behavior. By learning more about how customers experience your website, you gain new opportunities to make changes in your marketing strategies to improve your results.
Whether you’re running a small business or your brand is a household name, Crazy Egg is a Google Ads management software that puts you on the fast track to optimization.
Crazy Egg offers four features that create a visualization of your website visitors’ activities that will enable you to make adjustments that drive profit:
- Heatmap – A heat map is a color-coded map that highlights user activity on your website. Red, orange, and yellow tones (hot) indicate high activity, and blue or green tones (cool) indicate lower levels of activity. Make changes to the cool areas for a red hot website.
- Scroll map – Website visitors are motivated to stay engaged with your website as long as they have something interesting to view. A scroll map uses colors much like a heat map to indicate activity. The difference with a scroll map is the colors indicate how far down the page visitors are scrolling. This data gives you information about where to enhance content to reduce the chances of visitors abandoning your page prematurely.
- Overlay – The overlay report shows you the number and percentage of clicks on each element of your page. It also gives you segmented customer details like whether users are new or return visitors, whether they originated from a referral, and the time of day they pulled up your site.
- Confetti – Consumers are intentional about where they click and the Confetti report gives you a bird’s eye view of click patterns. Set your metrics to learn about users’ search terms, search engines, country, device, operating system, and much more.
You’ll go crazy with A/B testing after using this Google Ads optimization software program.
If you’re looking for a platform that lets you experiment to your heart’s content, you’ll find a contender in Optimizely. Developers can build and run A/B tests with ease and get quick results about how ad campaigns are performing. This Google Ads optimization software offers several plans with various features and pricing.
Even better, if you have a Google AdWords account, Optimizely integrates with Google Ads enabling you to create Optimizely audiences from your campaigns and ad segments based on referral data. With this Google Ads software download, you can connect your leads to your conversion rate optimization. You can create like content between your Google Ads content and your landing pages. What’s more, you can conduct A/B testing and optimize your content for paying traffic.
Insightful data will help you deliver a consistent user experience from the first look to the last.
Not that we’re bragging here, but this is one of the most advanced tools for Google Ads optimization, as it aims at preventing click fraud and wasteful clicks. In essence, ClickGUARD helps you get better traffic from Google Ads by blocking fraudulent clicks, bots, invalid traffic, and clicks coming from users without buying intent.
Fraudulent and wasteful clicks won’t bring you any business, and they can cause you to quickly go through your ad budget. By preventing click fraud, you’ll automatically optimize your ad campaigns, increase conversions, and maximize PPC ROI.
ClickGUARD is the most advanced click fraud protection software that provides data-driven results and builds a firewall around your ads as a shield that detects and prevents illegitimate clicks and opens the door to profitability.
Well-designed landing pages lead to conversions. Unbounce is a Google Ads optimization software program that takes the work out of creating customized landing pages that are functional and attractive. This tool offers over 125 options for easy-to-use landing page templates. This software uses drop-and-drag technology, and it couldn’t be simpler to use.
Whether you need to create a page for an upcoming product launch or you’re running a bunch of ads with time-limited offers, you’ll save lots of time setting up your landing pages when using this software.
Keyword research can be a time-consuming activity, and you’ll want to take all the help you can get when it comes to finding the best long-tail keywords to target. With KWFinder, you can easily discover long-tail keywords that yield high search volume and low competition, putting you right in that coveted sweet spot.
KWFinder is a Google Ads software download that gives you exact search volumes every month, making it an excellent alternative to Google Keyword Planner. The tool is ultra-easy to use, and it makes creating lists and looking up keywords a snap.
For example, whenever you plug in one or more keywords into the program, you’ll instantly see several indicators for your keywords:
- Trend – Shows you the number of searches for a keyword for a 12-month period in a visual illustration.
- Search – Shows you the number of searches for a keyword every month in the country you configured it.
- CPC – Shows you the approximate cost you could pay per click for your ad to appear for that keyword using paid search.
- PPC – Shows the difficulty index from 0-100 for paid search that indicates the level of competition for keywords in Google Ads.
- KD – Shows a range from 0-100 that represents how difficult it is to rank for a certain keyword.
- Google SERP results – Shows you the top Google results for each keyword and the page authority, domain authority, number of backlinks, social shares, and more to inform your decision-making about targeting keywords.
This Google Ads software download tool takes keyword efficiency to a whole new level, and you’re sure to find lots of ways to use the time you save.
Of course, these are not the only tools for Google Ads optimization. New Google Ads optimization software programs are continually being developed, and that means there’s always something new to try. At ClickGUARD, we encourage you to keep testing and experimenting to continually get the best results — after all, there’s no true one-size-fits-all recipe to creating Google Ads that convert, so testing and access to clear data are essential.